View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #315
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build

Hey so how did that Heidt pressure regulator valve work out? I just ordered one after reading that the hydroboost likes 3.5gpm/1500psi and the Mustang rack likes less than 2gpm/800psi. Hmmm, and how did you find out about this valve? I've been searching for days for an answer to this problem until I stumbled upon some obscure write up someone did and then as soon as I saw a picture of the valve and then I remembered seeing it in your build. But nobody seemed to have an answer to this problem, not the place I got the booster from, the company that made the rack, companies I called about pumps, even Heidt said they wern't aware of using it to regulate the pressure after the hydroboost and before the rack. How did you dial it in? Just play with it until things seem to work best? Did you use a high output pump? My understanding is that GM type II pumps put out somewhere around 2.5gpm/1000-1200psi which I'm told is kinda low for the hydroboost. Anyway this seems to be this unknown magic solution to this problem.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote