View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #10
RobinHood

Re: 1957 Chevy 3600 Mild Custom Build

I knew I still had to do something about the frame. For these trucks, it seems like it is either Mustang II or clip the front with a 70s muscle car subframe clip. For me, Mustang II was just way too expensive. I found this 77 Camaro/Firebird front subframe for a steal and figured that it would give me everything I wanted for the front ride without too much complexity. I replaced the control arms bushings, ball joint boots, sway bar bushings, repacked wheel bearings, painted calipers, motor mounts, and scraped off 30 years of engine gunk. I chopped off the front of my original frame following a guide found on the internet and mated the 2 frame sections and welded them up. All in all, they lined up perfectly and I decided to weld them stack-style versus the No Limit style because of the larger drop it would give the front end. I'm pretty happy with how the ride height came out but I cut the springs slightly too far and it only has less than an inch of travel, so I still need to get a paid of new springs to try again.
Attached Images

RobinHood is offline   Reply With Quote