View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #437
NoStopN

Re: The Ulitmate Craigslist find thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
So your saying the 6.0 LS with the Allison is not a good combo for the C40--C80 1964--66 trucks.Can you explain why the 366 or 6.0 LS engine would not be a good combo.The Duramax V8 with an Allison.its a little pricey.I just want to know what are the take a way's from using the gas to using the Duramax.I've had a 1964 c60 a few years ago love the body stance and the way they looked and how they drove

Can you make the 2 speed slitter work with the Allison
It's just personal choice. A factory 6.0 LS (364 cubic in.) is only rated for 380 lb.-ft. of torque. That's more than most engines from the '60s, but even the earliest Duramax makes around 500 lb.-ft. Honestly, I can't speak as to what would fit with a split rear end, but you could attempt to contact Advanced Adapters. They claim they make the widest selection of adapters. Even if they would help on that kind of project, you (or whomever) would be the first ones to do it. You might have better luck getting an adapter made for mating the Duramax to a manual transmission that can handle the torque. You can take all of this talk into consultation, because I really know very little about trucks larger than a C30/GMC 3500.