View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
'70_402

**Rant** CPP Spindles

I guess common sense is not so common anymore...

CPP is a decent company and they make decent products, don't get me wrong, but i ordered some of their drop spindles from Summit (cause you can get free shipping) and i received the box that had the correct part number on it, CP4S2. I get the parts out and they are marked CP4S4... well that part number is for a 73-87 c10.... CRAP... mis-boxed parts. I called CPP and talked to my first tech support guy and his immediate response was, "yep those are the wrong spindles, call summit" ok, no big deal, i didn't buy from them not their problem... i call summit get the new (correct) ones on the way. Then i see the packing slip on the outside of the box from summit when i'm packing up my box with the return label. I glance at it and says (These CP4S2 spindles will have the casting number of CP4S4. This is not a mistake and CPP does additional machining to make these work with 63-70 C10 chasis)... WELL CRAP.... so i call CPP back once again and clarify... sure enough the second guy i talk to at CPP verifies that's correct. He said the first guy i talked to should have known that.... I did in fact have the right spindles.

ALL this could have been avoided if CPP would just slip a simple piece of paper in each box explaining that very thing.... It's a super simple fix and im sure would solve ALOT of headache.... I knew i should have went with Early Classic. haha.

Anyway, it all worked out, and i like how it sits... lol
Attached Images

'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote