View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
Dayton601

Re: Need Help: 350 TBI Running Rich/Bogging

What is your current fuel mileage, most got around 16 to 18 mpg , i had a 91 did several thing to try to improve fuel mileage, I started at 15 and finished at 21 to 22

first I would check fuel pressure,
then spark plug gap and maybe go up a hotter setting, I did run the platinum plugs, not sure that did anything,
Also reading that you changed the the O2 sensor, did you go with factory. the aftermarket stuff is junk, I have heard people go through several autopart brands before finding a good one,
I would add throttle body spacer and fuel injector spacer, two different things, the spray pattern looks like a cone,
then I would add a hotter (super coil) coil, seems that's were I picked up my best fuel improvement I kept the stock coil mounted on the intake, hooked up my super coil, drove 300+ miles Houston to Dallas , then i would hook back up my factory coil, drive it back, did this several times to confirm, I say this because some will say coil will make no difference, each time there was at least a 4 to 6 mile difference, perhaps the octane grade might have an effect, nothing beat the coil, even running with windows down, A/C off and tailgate down,
Also was running 8.8 wires, better insulated, once i had just a cheap set of autozone wires, and I happened to open the hood when it was really dark, it looked like Christmas lights, after that I made sure i bought good wires,
that just my 2 1/2 cents worth
Dayton601 is offline   Reply With Quote