View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #11
OrrieG

Re: Matt's 56 3600 4X4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvitale27 View Post
Thanks. The thing that will separate my truck for other 4X4's I have seen is the ride height and wheels/tires.

I am not building a crawler or climber. The 4X4 is mainly just for snowy winters in New England. Most guys have raised the rear of their truck about 4 inches to level the ride height. I will be lowering the front of my truck a few inches to level it out. I will also only be using about a 29 inch tire vs the ones I have seen with 35s or bigger.

This way it will still have the functionality of a 4X4 without having that lifted look which I personally am not a huge fan of or that lowered hot rod look which I do like, but serves no purpose in a 4X4.
Just for reference my 74 K10 front axle in mounted on the bottom of the original 59 spring pack. It took a 4" lift block under the back stock springs to get the frame level. Removing springs will affect the ride and handling, and with 4wd may allow the front axle to move more than you like. Shocks and brakes ended up being the same as required for the original 74 K10 lifted 4".
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote