View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #45
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

Things to do when you are broke or waiting of parts arriving (or broke because you're waiting of parts arriving)

One of my (many) secret hobbies is pin striping. A few years ago the British magazine Custom Car ran a competition, the prize was one days tuition pin-striping and one days tuition air-brush, both delivered by professionals, I entered and a to my amazement won (it's the only thing I've ever won in my life!).
The following Christmas Santa Claus (or was it my wife Shelly) brought me a beginners striping kit from Puk Johnson. The kit isn't actually that expensive and you can start with a very basic Kit and add to it.
Name:  PINSTRIPE BOX.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  40.5 KB
There were a couple of bits on the truck that thought would benefit from some additional "decoration" and having time on my hands and nothing better to do I tried out my Christmas prezzie.
The first up was the glove box lid with my first ever free hand "squiggle" in the corner.
Name:  Glovebox lid.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  31.7 KB
Next I did the heater box lid, driven by the desire to brighten up the ugliest thing in the engine bay. Even some pros draw out their designs, with my skill level its essential if I'm doing something symmetrical. The following pictures show how I built up the design in stages
Name:  Fan cover1.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  33.2 KB
Name:  Fan cover 2.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  37.3 KB
Name:  Fan cover.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  53.6 KB
It's not perfect but I was chuffed with it.
ibrown50 is offline   Reply With Quote