View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Re: Kizer and his 65 here

Yeah I know it needs some work. Probably a lot more than others, but I figure I'm only 37 and hopefully it will be done before the little guy in the seat is old enough to drive it. I hope nobody minds, but I'm kind of a photo freak. I probably take way to many and document way to much. The last transfercase I did for a buddy looked like this. http://www.iamkizer.net/kevin/ I did finish the build, but some how I miss placed the second half of the photos so I'm kinda bummed.

Here is well a photo shoot of everything above the frame. I haven't put it up on stands yet to look under. I do plan on doing a complete frame up clean up. I can't say for sure if its going to be show quality, but I can say its going to be painted head light to tail light with something.
http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/p..._chevy/02_rot/

The wife kicked me out side last night because I was annoying her and I think I had cabin fever and wanted to do something on the truck. Well I figured why not start at the top and work my way down and back. I have tons of cans of flat black because its my favorite so I just tackled the air cleaner

I will have tons of questions simply because I do for instance.
I currently have a 3 on the tree and I have access to another 65 C10 or atleast it says it is and it has a 4speed and a transfercase. Does that seem right? I thought the K series was the 4wheel drive.

Anyways can I bolt the 4speed up and remove the 3speed? I don't know where to look to see if the gear ratios would match and or if the outputs would work. Seeing it has a transfercase that might put me into looking for some other adapter.

Also I was told the motor is a 250, but I can't find any markings that identify it as so other than this tag I found on the side and what I've read didn't the 250's come out in 1966?

Last edited by kizer; 09-05-2008 at 04:37 PM.
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote