View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:21 PM   #35
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

you guys arent brave enough I guess hahaha. it was 2290! I bet that frame stub with engine was 1800 lbs easy.

happy 4th! my favorite version of this song!

I did get some stuff done today too. its funny how much work it is to pull a motor, even from a bare frame. exhaust, driveshaft, all the wiring tie downs,grounds, cooler line adel clamps, motor and trans mounts etc etc etc. you even want to pull the dizzy and the oil pressure sender because the chain ALWAYS finds them

IMG_0262 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0263 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the first lift I noticed it was lifting a little crooked. then the passenger front wheel came off the ground. oops. remembered the exhaust but forgot the hanger haha

IMG_0264 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

everyone needs one of these. I texted my wife " I need a spotter " and before she even came outside the job was done.

IMG_0266 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

even pulling the cab off was a two minute job. its crazy how fast everything is with a forklift. pressure washed the frame and moved the motor inside on that cart I got a couple years ago now. love that thing, holds engine trans like it was made for it.

oldman look! more broken clamshells.

IMG_0267 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0268 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0269 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

uppers are WASTED. I will probably replace the lowers too just to be complete about it. I am going to look at some drop spindles tomorrow, so apt timing. this sungun is gonna crawl the earth, mark my words.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote