View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:54 PM   #365
blindbug

Re: cab corner 6x9 speaker brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbalex View Post
blind bug how do those JL's sound? Are you running an amp and what head unit are you running?
They sound pretty solid considering I am running them off the head unit, which is a cheap JVC that came with the truck when I bought it. In another life I did car audio as a passion, even had sponsorships from MA Audio, and a handful of mom and pop install and custom fab locations. I’ve got a Zapco c2k 6.0x and an idmax 12 v.3 sitting in my garage collecting dust.

I say that to say this: the performance of speakers in these brackets is far and above better than the performance I got out of a sealed enclosure behind the seat. This is an infinite baffle setup, and while I lose bass, the overall loudness and clarity of the speakers is much better based on mounting location and no flex from the mount. Best case scenario would be to fab in some fiberglass enclosures behind these brackets to make it a sealed enclosure. But, if you are ok with that, you might as well create the full enclosure yourself. I thought about it, but ultimately didn’t think the work was worth it over these brackets.

I still need to add in some front stage speakers, and would like to add in a sub. JL Audio TW3 10” only takes like 3” of backspace to mount so a tight wedge behind the seat would mean I can take the seat all the way back and still have a little thump. Add in a JL Audio XD or HD under the seat in a 1000w x 5 setup and its going to be a killer setup. Ultimately the c10 isn’t much for Audio dynamics, though, so I will never be able to get to there level that I appreciate in other cars that have proper stage with proper insulation and a quiet engine.

Sorry about the rant... car Audio is apparently still my passion. lol
blindbug is offline   Reply With Quote