View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #27
1sik7t2
dave

Re: TOTM-September 2011-Living in Suburbia!

VERY INTERESTED..VERY NICE BURB....I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE 1 LIKE YOURS TO TOW MINE SOME DAY....THINK IT WOULD BE ULTRA COOL EFFECT, ROLLIN DOWN THE ROAD....COLOR MATCHED, OF COURSE THX 4 SHARING

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougo View Post
Hey all, it's really cool to be selected and among a group of great burbs! Every burb selected is unique and beautiful!

To answer the above post (if you're interested) - my burb has a slightly built 454 with mild cam, turbo 400. I wanted to go the 454 route for towing. Older, custom 4 inch lift, with new 33s on kelsey hayes. Enterior is complete and has original headliner, carpet, 3 row seats (although seats have been redone). Options (or what's on it): air (rear air too), tach, tilt, am/fm, 72 only tow hooks, barn doors and custom 30ish gal gas tank. She's pretty much complete and road worthy - in fact I use her mostly for road trips: camping, motocross in the dessert, lake trips, winter trips for snowboarding. No shows, with the expception of local cruise nights (so far). So - she gets used... and when in 4 wheel drive - will pull a house down. She's not perfect, but then again - I bought her to use, not show.

I'd like to eventually figure out a way to install some off road lights on the front - that can be either hidden (when not in use), or easily taken off (I'm sometimes driving offroad in the dessert to get to destination) - the stock lights are not real bright but I want to maintain the stock look. I'm all for mods, but like to maintain the fine balance of a lightly modded, stock look.

-Doug