View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #35
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Re: TOTM-September 2011-Living in Suburbia!

Ok Iv'e been doin some thinking about this TOTM deal

--first off what happens in case of a tie?

--second, here's a suggestion...get rid of the poll results until the contest is over...here me out:

It's called "I don't want to waist my vote on someone who probably won't win syndrome" ...Iv'e caught myself doing the same thing after scrolling through the poll results and saying "I don't really like the leaders but if I vote for my first choice he "may be" to far down to win anyway"....so I end up voting for one of the "contenders". If enough people think this way it certainly could influence the outcome.

This is much more prevalent as the contest progresses as the gaps become wider. Then you may think that if "I'm going to vote I want to be with the winners"

If this info was hidden, everyone would have no choice but to truly vote with their "first instinct"...which some do anyway, but not enough!!!

This also happens in public elections which there is a barrage of polls telling you basically who is and isn't going to win before you even go to the voting booth.
Then the candidate who you and many other people may have voted for gets screwed.

Think about it ...yes it is very novel to watch the poll every day and see who's ahead but is it really necessary ....especially when it now becomes a popularity contest instead of a honest blind ballot election.

Any one agree? .....no disrespect to the contenders at all .....they are all awesome burbs, but lets face it the poll was over after the fifth or sixth day
and the chances of the third or fourth place contender catching up is remote at best.

If just 10 percent of the voters would have voted for another burb the out come could possibly be completely different. And that ten percent may be the crowd who just want to be with the "projected" winner....it's just human nature. I'm just sayin..............................