View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #83
Crumley

Re: 72 GMC 4x4 rebuild

Here are some pictures.

I got the new drive shaft installed, cranked it up and drove it up and down my driveway. I have a fairly long driveway, checking the brakes.

There is a picture of the truck sitting outside the shop in the sunshine. Boy my I am itching to drive it on the street.

A picture of 99% of the paint removed off the doors and bed. You can see where I patched the gas filler openings in the bed. I will now be sanding until my arm drops off preping the body for body filler, epoxy primer, filler primer and finally paint.

Now I will probably get some grief from the GMC fans out there but here goes. I picked up a nice 67/68 hood for $40.00 this weekend. My plan is to replace the 72 GMC hood and eliminate the chrome monobrow the GMC trucks have going across the top of the grill and down the front of each fender. A bit too much chrome in the front for me. I will install the 67/68 hood (I like the way the hood slopes with the fenders). I will be leaving the 72 GMC grill insert, but I will change the way the piece across the top of grill so the 67/68hood will work with the latch assembly.

The 72 GMC grill insert, instead of it being stock chrome and black. I am going to paint the blacked out areas blue and the chrome areas white. I don't know yet how it is going to turn out so we will see...if I don't like it I will purchase a new grill.
Attached Images

Crumley is offline   Reply With Quote