View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
mechanixman

Re: 1952 3/4 Ton Rebuild

Well it's been a while since I have done anything, but I finally brought the truck home from an uncle's house 200 miles away. So I can finally really tear down the truck, and see what I'm working with.
My cousin and I threw a battery in, and tried to start her. The motor will engage, but the engine is locked up. I'm hoping it's nothing too serious.

The valves look clean as a whistle. surprising considering how long it sat.
The farmer I bought it from told me he bought it from his neighbor, who had it on his property for who knows how long.

When I pulled the starter to try to turn it over with the flywheel, the space between the fly wheel and bell housing was PACKED with nuts. Damn Squirrels..,

I got an extra set of glove box door/grill combo. It's straighter then the original. I want to set aside all the parts to chrome so I can get them all done at once.
So I decided to blast and paint the original grill just so it looks a little..cleaner?
As for the air cleaner, I was roaming through a garage, and saw the air cleaner. I figured it was kinda cool looking, and it matched the color scheme of my engine, so I asked the guy how much he wanted, and he said I could have it. So there it is just mocked up for now.
Attached Images

Projects:
1952 Chevy 1 ton = The Build page

Last edited by mechanixman; 03-24-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Terrible grammer/ choice of words
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote