View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
lucky_7

Re: 97 sierra ext cab build

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
I think the OP was referring more to the front wheel/tire & fender clearance, but we'll let him clear that up. I had a 5/8 drop on my '93, & the only thing I did was raise the "Y" (crossover) exhaust pipe. I did drag the front air dam on occasion, but I was always very cautious with my driving. Gotta be careful on speed bumps as well. I don't think the OP will have too many issues at 4/6 though. He already mentioned he's a cruiser, so that'll help as well. Just have to be a little more aware while driving.
Yes I am more worried about tire/fender clearance, I drive responsibly as my youth taught me a great deal about safe driving......(I was once a horrible driver). I can however still get a different size tire for the front if needed, (suggestions?) As for under the truck, it looks like there's nothing hanging low enough to drag at 4/6, I will measure again before the surgery...

I'm going to stick with black wheels right now, as they seem to go with most colors. And the powder coat might be a little expensive, the local shop charges 65 a wheel but they do not use a acid wash, so I'm going to try an epoxy spray paint. My friend informed me it was much more durable than other paints.

On the exhaust I'm thinking 2 flow masters dumped before the diff, I think they sound the best when the sound has a chance to "bounce" a little underneath the bed. I also might get some headers. Not sure yet...any clearance issues there?

So more on the drop, what it the best way to cut out the mini notch, I have access to a torch, multiple saws, grinders, drills, and welder. I will only have 2 1/2 days to work on it when I do it so a lot of prep is good for me. On the front, spindles should keep the camber straight, right?
Posted via Mobile Device
lucky_7 is offline   Reply With Quote