View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
TR65

Dakota Digital Retro Gauge Install RTX

I saw the Dakota Digital Retro gauge panel for our trucks at their vendor booth on the Power Tour. They looked great, hard to tell from stock.

I ordered one as soon as we got home. I have an LS motor so I also got their bus interface module so the gauge panel can read data directly from the bus thru the OBDII port.

BEFORE

I was using a Scan Gage to read data from the bus. It displays 4 values at one time. I normally looked at speed, tach, water temp and fuel level. I used a motor drive to run the analog speedometer from the computer speed signal.
I never got the fuel gauge or the water temperature analog gauges to work properly due to sensor resistance issues. Of course the "ammeter" is useless.
I also used a Tach mounted to the steering coulum.
I ran a pressure tap to the analog oil pressure so it worked.

AFTER

Now all the gauges work and are correct! Better yet the only sensor I had to add was one for oil pressure, everything else is read from the computer bus.
A digital display is in the position of the vacuum gauge and can display 4 values simultaneously and you can scroll through several displays all customizable to display what you want.

I got rid of a whole pile of junk, cleaned up the dash, and the look is hard to tell from stock, especially if the ignition is off.

All the sensors and fittings are included to hook the guages up to basically any engine, stock, LS, whatever. I only needed the oil pressure sensor.

I am very happy with the result. Really a quality product.

Here are some pics....
Attached Images

LS2 Swap Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413880
TR65 is offline   Reply With Quote