Thread: 632 engine
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #16
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 632 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRMW View Post
The 637 CI is a 1219 LB. boat anchor. Double the weight of most big block engines with a whopping 275 HP @ 2800 RPM and a 7.5-1 compression ratio. You could seal up your bed and weld a lid on it and use it for a fuel tank.
But that 275HP @ 2800 would be 515 pounds of torque @ 2800,, that's near Duramax territory! When diesel was 2x the cost of gas it might have been rational,, But with so little difference in fuels cost today,, A really cool collectors item for sure. but at probably about the same weight as a Duramax, but 1/4 the reliability or longivity... I think it would stay in the 'collectors corner' if it were mine.

When I was a young whipper-snapper my old man had a 50's International 5ton flat bed monster. with a 549 gas motor and a 2bbl. That thing made the early Hemi's look small.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 03-17-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote