View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Re: Driverless cars win again.

Now they passed a law that requires all new cars to come with backup cameras. One more leap into degenerative driving skills. They just keep taking things the wrong way. The thing to do is strive to be a better person with better skills, not find ways around anything that takes skill. "Your safety is in your own hands". More than one meaning can be found in that statement and none could be more definite, absolute, and true. Stop looking for ways to make things safer and just start "being" safer, as if it was that important. What next, mandatory self driving cars? No, I guess they'll do the self braking and lane changing thing first.

Back before automatic headlights or even the dummy buzzers I used to wonder how people could drive to work in the dark and forget they need to turn their headlights off. I always did a check before shutting off. Them came the buzzers. I disconnected them soon as I got the vehicle. Then I got a brand new factory order truck and decided to leave everything intact. I drove that truck every day and after a while I when I'd get in the vehicles with no buzzer I'd leave the headlights on when I never had before. I experienced degeneration first hand.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote