View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
Zach079xxx

My first truck. 1985 GMC C10

Hello all! I just joined the forum yesterday, but I have been reading on here for months! My thread is based on my first truck, a 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 2WD. Started out by a run to the grocery store, keep in mind I live in a SMALL town, I mean SMALL! Checked the poster board on the way out, saw an ad for this truck. Called the man the next day, took it for a test drive, following day it was sitting in my garage.

The ad was listed for $3,200. I showed up with $2,100. The story goes as the man who owned it, his son in law did body work and paint 5-10 years ago on it. The body is GREAT, no rust what so ever. The clear coat is peeling on the driver door and a couple spots on hood, but surely I can live with that. This is how it looked the day after I brought it home.

The cab was in pretty good shape also, the dash is pretty much junk, but did come with one of those fabric covers! the door panels were great, just that hideous color. It was for sure owned by an old man, huge 8 foot antenna and CB radio inside the cab, that all had to go! The rear window had a window tint, that turned to a awful purple, so I removed that. Being that the panels were ok, I bought some SEM color coat and transformed them! Here's a before and after!
Next came some tunes; here I come crutch field! Came out with 6 x 9 kickers, an Infinity Basslink, and a Pioneer unit with bluetooth. Let me tell you, this basslink is amazing, it'll kick like a 12" sub! I know there is speaker panels in the back, but the wiring was bad, and this was just easier at the time! Here's how she looks!

Next came a new project, by accident! Was heading home after grabbing some fast food, had an unexpected stop, and bam, dumped soda all over my freshly dyed carpet! My buddy pushing the lumber said "Man, you need some cup holders in here!" so I turned the truck around, went to loses 40 dollars later, custom cup-holder/ speaker box! Not to bad if you ask me.

Next came time for a steering wheel. I felt like I was driving a school bus with that monster! Looked around, and settled on this Grant, 13.5 inch walnut steering wheel.

Uploading as I go, Please continue to follow!

Last edited by Zach079xxx; 04-22-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Zach079xxx is offline   Reply With Quote