View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
streetstar

Re: Cummins 4bt conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
Just to save time and frustration, why not look for a clean low mileage K5 already equipped with the 6.2? On the plus side, it would neen zero fab work. If you find a clean low mileage example you might be able to get in and go without doing much more than upkeep. Then you can add the 6.5 or 4bt later.

It's all up to you. I look at the easy way. Why spend a ton of money to make a diesel blazer when it's already been done? A 4bt would beat a 6.2 as far as longterm durability, but how long would you need to drive it to recover the cost?

I thought of that and that would definitely be easier , but good diesel Blazers are as rare as chicken's teeth it seems. Granted, i have only been hardcore about the project for a relatively short while, so i have only been looking for about a week. Cherry gasoline powered donor vehicles to start with can be had for 5 to 8 grand though.

When it comes to recovering the cost, i am not as interested in that as i am in having the best vehicle i can for my money if i am already spending that much on it anyway. I really wanted to start with a nice first gen Blazer,--- but thought better of it when i thought of subjecting it to 45k mileage a year and using it in a storm environment.

I am not a billionaire playboy or anything, and am totally into doing it cheaper when i can, but as i said, the survivor Blazer diesels are hard to find (or maybe i am not looking in the right spots) ----- when the time comes to get serious, i will probably sell my late model to fund it
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote