View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

to keep it fair here is an email I received today. I do appreciate them emailing and letting us know they do not intend upon spamming the forums at this point, and admitting a mistake.

The following message was sent to you via the The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network Contact Us form by powerjames.

--------------------------------

Liz,

I wanted to take a moment to contact you about the Hotrodders.com issue. I know you are a very busy person, but it would mean a great deal to me, since this has been mentioned on your forum, if you would read this. I also wanted to let you know that the only reason anyone registered recently was in an attempt to send you a private message about the issue, it was not to post on your forum. If you could read my letter below I would appreciate it a great deal:

I know there has been a lot of bad stuff written about powerTV, what we do and who we are, by Hot Rodders.com, and that it was has spread to other forums partially by Jonathan but also by other forums. Everyone hates spam, so it's a viral issue. And I am not going to try to change your mind about what you have read or seen discussed on Hotrodders.com by Jonathan

First off, I want to let you know that anybody from powerTV absolutely will not post on your forum, EVER, without your permission. You do not need to be worried about your forum members seeing video posts of any nature. We will 100% respect your community and your right as the owner and administrator of that community to control the content that goes on your site.

I have been an honest, ethical person my entire life. I am a life long automotive enthusiast who has written for and even owned 4 different car magazines. I work on my own projects and powerTV is about as far from a spam marketing company as can be. We are an online car enthusiast TV show that produces our own videos and our own show - from tech videos, car features, event coverage, to SEMA coverage, to interviews. We have a dyno and two lifts and do lots of different tech videos and dyno tests.

For example, you can see one of our videos here: http://www.nmratv.com/index.php?stre...flv&playlist=1

That being said, we have made a mistake by posting videos to some forums without permission from the owners of that forum. Some of those forums loved our videos, and some didn't. In many cases, we had permission, but in others, we did not. That did not follow what I consider good forum ethics and I am responsible, 100%, for that mistake. I am not trying to avoid taking responsibility for that. It was unacceptable and we should have asked before posting any videos.

We are not paid to post videos on your forums, or on any forums. We are not paid by GM, or COMP, or Holley, to post videos on any forums. Any videos we posted we did out of wanting to promote our TV shows, event coverages, and our videos. And that alone.

I have only a mild understanding of business law, and I certainly am not a legal expert, but I have witnessed the allegations made by Jonathan. I have complete knowledge of our business and I feel that there has been a gross abuse of the 1st amendment rights that have been embarked upon him. To say that GM, Comp, or Holley, pays us to post videos is not true. I understand you have no way of knowing that, other than to believe me, but I am telling you the god's honest truth. It is wrong to GM, to Comp, to Holley, and and I certainly believe that no one should be allowed to walk on another person's civil rights, or the basic right to legally earn a living granted us in the constitution by trying to destroy these businesses reputations by making that claim, even if we made a mistake by posting videos without permission.

Jonathan has openly stated his goal is to put us out of business. I have 10 employees at my company. They include a 21 year Marine veteran with 2 children, a lovely fiancee (the power melissa) who is a great human being and a loving person, and a 31 year old camera person with a pregnant wife, and a bunch of other good people who do not deserve to be lied about. These people have families and lives also. Jonathan is attempting to destroy, and that is the truth. We have already agreed to not EVER post a video without permission. That isn't enough. Jonathan will only stop once our company is out of business. If you ask him, he will even tell you that. If not, what is his goal? Is the world a better place with our automotive Hot Rod TV Shows out of business?

Now, I understand this all is coming from someone who broke good faith in by owning a company that over promoted it's videos on forums. But you take it for what it is.

Please rest assured that we will not post any videos on your forum without getting permission from you, and please feel free to contact me at any time if you ever need to, because you feel someone is posting on your forum, or if you feel you want to build a dialog with us.

We will respect your forum, your community, and your space. You can feel free to post this on your forum if you like, or a summary of what I posted. We aren't hiding behind anything, we want to be open, up front, and treat your forum with respect and ethics.

Best regards,

James Lawrence
President
powerTV

and my reply

I appreciate you taking the time to write us. IMHO it takes alot to admit a
mistake and explain your side. I have posted your email in the thread, as it is
only fair to do so.
I'm only wondering from what I have read in the past few months on other sites,
why the employees fabricated rides, such as the ford focus to post. You have to
admit things like that make it look very bad.
Josh and myself are avid supporters of the motor sports hobby and run our sites
for the enthusiasts, not the money. With spam being such a major issue these
days, any and all accounts related to spamming are banned. I am unbanning your
account so you can join in the posts if you wish, since you have stated you
will not spam the site.
Thanks
Liz

now ya'll know i rarely go public with emails and PMs etc, but I believe in being fair to all sides. I felt the best way to do so was to post these.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote