View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 06:47 AM   #1423
special-K
Special Order

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

Thanks Pete, just a simple change it needed bad. I put your hubs on to go with the aluminum slots for the vintage 4wd era-equipped look, but the wide steel wheels will do. I also have finned aluminum differential covers (dulled) and a transfer case skid plate I got from Cepek years ago. Two things I'd like to see happen this summer. First is replace the rockers & passenger side cab corner and the other is come up with another pickup to put the ladder rack on. This temporary arrangement has gone on too long.

The damage to the bottom rear of the fender, rusty rocker (made way worse), trim, and paint were caused by the 35" BFG that blew out. I have other fenders...once I go to restore it. I also have some better lower trim with good woodgrain I'm going to put on one evening soon. Just keeping it going and looking 1/2 decent for now. I'm going to bring the rear up with new 4" springs, soon I hope. I waited till the tires were mounted to decide whether I'd go down 2" in front or up in the rear. It has add-a-leafs and 2" blocks now. I've decided I like the "plenty clearance" look up front, so the rear comes up
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-10-2017 at 10:54 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote