View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #141
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Made some progress tonight, a small bit of progress, but progress none the less! When the cab sets on the frame it was hitting one of the exhaust mounts, and it was hitting the mount for the fuel tank carbon filter box.

The exhaust mount was the easiest because it was a simple cut and weld job. Then I threw some etch primer on the bare spots and called it good for now.

Moving on to the fuel tank carbon filter box (I hope that is what it is called?). The cab structure that spans the rear part of the cab was running into the OEM mount, so this had to go. I took the old mount off, and then built an aluminum 'T' shaped bracket. One end of the bracket as you can see is mounted to the shield, and the other side is mounted to the filter. This filter has a very sturdy mount on the cross member towards the front of the truck, and it is not very heavy so it only needed a mount to just stabilize it.

I then put the cab back on for a test fit. I could not find anything else that was an issue, so I will next work on the new cab mounts. That will be a fun job for sure!

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote