View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #14
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Talking Re: Soft Tops For 69 to 72 Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac11 View Post
I think mine is a boat shop top, have never been able to ID one like it. It has some issues, but overall it works great. The biggest problem I have had is it holding water over the front seats and drowning you when you open the door after a rain. When leaving it out for a day or two I put a towel on top of the roll bars to give it a positive down slope.
Have you seen this? They are made for Jeeps, but it may work with your top, or you may be able to adapt the idea to work with your top.

I probably try something with some pvc piping. I'd assume that you have some kind of frame around the windows right? Go to your favorite box, (lowe's, HD, etc.), or local hardware store & pick up some 1" PVC pipe. About 6-8 feet would probably be more than enough. Also, pick up (2) 1" tee fittings, for each "bow" you'll make.

What you want to do is cut the t-fittings so that they look like this -C
instead of this -O

Hope this is making sense.

Then you cut the pipe so that it is a little too long to fit in between you're door frames, so that it will bow when you put it in between them. Attach the "T's" & stick it in between the door frames.

You may have to adjust the length a few time to get it just perfect, but I "think" that would solve the pooling problem.

You could paint the PVC to match the interior or even wrap it in upholstery for a super trick, cheap fix.

Merry Christmas!!

Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote