View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #407
PapaSmurf66

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
No, Chevy blue was not used on the 283, dark gray was used. The aftermarket does not offer any correct engine paint formulas ( either blue 230-250, dark gray 283 or green 292 327) for any '63-'66 Chevy Truck. Apparently they feel theres not a big enough market for this product, I think they are very wrong. Nobody has seen more low mileage original trucks with documentation than 60-66, the accurate info he offered has come from many years of extensive research, we are lucky to have him in this hobby and on this forum.
Hello all, I have read through this thing 2, 3 or maybe even more times and still gain something from it everytime. As far as '60-66', you are absolutely my hero. I can't imagine in my dreams these trucks you have or seen. These trucks were built to be used and to have example with such LOW miles and options is just plain awesome.

With all that said I do have a question, I am trying to figure out what color the white colored accent is for the door panels? And is that "white" color only to be in the recess or on the entire center of the panel. I admit I have seen both now. :confused:

My '66 is nothing like your guys have but I am attempting more a resto mod since really only the body and rear end were original. I swore I saw the colors on this write up but I've been wrong before. Any help is appreciated. And keep the info (and pictures) coming...
PapaSmurf66 is offline   Reply With Quote