View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
joedoh

Re: Title issues in texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73kay View Post
You had me until the "walk into the dmv" part. Everything I went I had to wait a long time and the people working there seemed annoyed by you just being there. Lol
here they use state troopers for VIN inspections called MVE-1, and they take their job as seriously as new parents. unfortunately, like new parents, they are also very reactionary and frequently wrong, sweeping "because I said so" across anything that could be solved with a little research. Dealing with the troopers is sometimes less enjoyable than a pineapple enema.

Aside from the overzealous troopers, the counter people at the DMV are less likely to help or even know the basis of the rules. 49 and down does not require an MVE-1 and yet every title I take in they say "you need an MVE". I have to calmly and clearly explain and then give them a chance to verify it. I take all the documentation I can get including old shop manuals, most of the time it is about their level of comfort of you as the expert.

I wish I could loan you a time machine so you could go back and get this square BEFORE doing all the work, good luck!

chopit: if you can sell a bonded title then thats news to be and good news to 73kay!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote