View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #23
franken

Re: Title issues in texas

Its best not to deal w/ things that have no VIN tags, but I have no experience w/ 53/54 so...
There are 50 states, and titles are issued by states. Every state is different so posts saying my state does whatever are meaningless unless its TX.

I did a TX 66 Chevelle title by researching the process on the internet (TX DMV), getting the forms, filling them out, getting estimates from low buck tote the note lots on value written on business cards, and took that to the tax assessor for a title. They sent me off for a bond. After the bond and back to the assessor, I had a title in progress.

In TX, it took me ~3 hours and some googling so say 4 hours. No one but me actually saw the car in this process.

I could have used a service, but it was an adventure in getting the desired answer from government agencies, which is more art than science.

BTW, after the bond period expires, the bond is meaningless. Bonds have a dollar amount and a time period. You buy a bond for X $ and Y months/years so a bonded title w/ an expired bond is golden.

All of this is Texas and can be verified via the internet. Other states that use bonds are similar. I've been told storage or mechanics leins are easier.

Last edited by franken; 02-03-2016 at 09:52 PM.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote