View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:00 AM   #5089
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Another odd one that someone here is needing. 58 pop up camper.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...724227839.html

I have a rare find that came out of a barn in eastern Oregon a few years ago.

It has some original documentation to go with it- a letter from the manufacturer dated 1968, an envelop postmarked 1977, and a 1962 installation drawing for the refrigerator.

This is a hard-sided pop-up truck bed slide-in camper that is a non-cab-over version. The tagline is "it raises it lowers."

I believe that 1958 was the second year that Alaskan campers were in production.

The condition is fair to good, and I have not begun to restore it yet. The aluminum skin looks great, especially the top shiny part- it has not been painted or gunked up with silicone caulk, although someone applied a small amount of white roof sealer along two seams.
The inside is all original, and the main condition issue is that the hydraulic jack that lifts upper half to pop it up has leaked oil and stained the carpet.
I believe the original Norcold fridge may work, as well as the gas stove and oven.
Of course, some restoration work and updating of electrical and plumbing is needed, but the fixtures and badges and details mostly remain in tact.

Garaged for most of the time that I have owned it, and was in a barn for many years prior to that. I have not even poked around to look for dry rot in the wooden frame, but I imagine that any rot will be limited to the usual areas around the vents, windows, and edges of the roof, if any.

Please email me for additional photos and details. Make offer. Thank you.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377