View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:41 PM   #652
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Before I get to the meat of this post, I wanna first give a quick thanks to Ryan Duke here on the forum. He contacted me about his LS swap, and ended up coming through in the clutch on a part of my rebuild. I've got video of his swap coming soon to my channel, but in the meantime check out some of his posts on his truck!

He knew of a local junkyard spot that just so happen to have a 4/5/6 out on the back 40. Turns out there was a 4/5/6 fleet small window, as well as a 'burb and a few other vintage scrap piles (video of that coming to the channel TOO, you should be sub'd by now...). Not much was good on the 4/5/6, except the chunk of back panel that I would need to do a patch job on mine...and good rear glass to boot. We cut the whole back off (it WAS NOT worth saving any other part, it was swiss cheese) and I took it home for $40.

My rear cabwall on the passenger side is pretty knackered if you hadn't seen it, here's a flat edge against it.

After much debate on the pull vs patch decision, getting this cab wall pushed us to the patch option. The old panels are just too creased to pull, so we started planning cuts to relieve stress on the metal. This let us return the nearby areas to a more neutral position. We removed a strategic section of the wall (YES there will be challenges, but we have a plan for most of them).

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote