View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
ericfallon

Re: 67-72 rear speakers and subs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Rear speakers are for people sitting in the back seat. Properly tuned 6.5 components in the kick panels is all you need. A pair of 10s would be more than enough. A high quality 10 or 12 and a decent amp will get the job done.
Maybe to you, I like the back fill so it is more like a live show..
really no need for 2 subs , the bass they play is most times mono anyways when recorded, now 2) 8" mid bass driver.. for that 80's music with dual bass drumming, yup..
Problem with putting the tweeter down at your feet is, you over work them , boosting the highs taking the natural sound of the music away the more you do that, and they don't like dust/dirt or getting wet.. when you spend the money on "good" component speakers last thing you want to do is trash the tweeters with sand/dust/dirt and anything else, like if you drop your coffee..
But it all depends on your wants and needs . To some the most basic 2 speakers and a radio is fine.
With me, the wife doesn't really like much of my heavier music, or basic rock n roll, so my vehicle is were I get to play it more.. hence the more time spent on making it sound good. I like the sound of a thumping v8 like most in the hobby, but not for 3 hours + at a time.. Got my fill of that racing.
ericfallon is offline   Reply With Quote