View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 04:57 AM   #86
MacQuigley

Re: Super Duper Haggis Hauler II - The Resurrection

The C3 is going off to paint next weekend which meant I had to get the doors off yesterday as the bottoms need a little work. Id been resisting taking them off too early because the local wild life will end up using i as a public toilet. But they are off now so the last work (other than refitting the interior) is now done.

So it was back to the C10 over the weekend and I really glad to be back working on it again even if I am still breaking away to do other things for the next few months.

As I said last week the last thing I was doing before my C3 enforced halt was the passenger side door. So this weekend I filled a few low points then put a coat of etch primer, epoxy and then high build primer on the inside surfaces. It still needs a little work but its almost there now (photo to come).

One goal over the summer is to get the 454 ready to fire up. I don't like it just sitting there getting damp and potentially seizing up, so I want to be able to fire it up every few weeks. Before I can do that I need all the electrics and plumbing done, so I made a start on that and got the E-Z wiring harness fitted.

Fuse box is mounted under the dash and Ive started to route the cables.

Name:  20180429_183023.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  51.5 KB

Now I'm not looking to completely hide every cable, that's just too much work and frankly I'm not sure I really like that look, but I do want to keep it all as tidy as possible. I thought Id just route the cables through the hole next to the clutch master cylinder but I don't really like that, so I may have to get a little creative and use the 2 holes in the transmission area. Out of interest how have others routed their cables?

Name:  20180429_183011.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  49.5 KB
MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote