View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #146
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Been a while since I’ve posted up any updates to the ole Polar Bear...

Last year one of my buddy’s bought a 2wd ’89 Suburban to pirate the engine and trans from to throw in another project vehicle. Lucky for me the donor Burb had the exact same color interior with a mint condition 3rd row seat. The Polar Bear was originally equipped with a 3rd row seat but it came to me with the seat missing. Cool to have a matching 3rd row seat now!

Mr. Dog really likes the third row seat. He likes to ride back there like a boss

The donor Sub also had a mint condition set of front inner fenders. As we all know, the squares are notorious for growing rust at the inner fender where it is double walled at the cab area. Even rigs from the desert grow rust in this spot.

Donor inner fenders all scuffed up and lathered in a fresh coat of tractor paint. Not just any paint, but the good ole cancer causing, lung clogging, ozone eating, baby bird killing oil based stinky arse farm paint. This stuff works great and is tough as nails. The brand of the paint is Van Sickle. Try it….you’ll like it!

Much better!

She is a clean machine at the cab supports where the square body rigs are also famous for rusting

Purdy!

Umm, really purdy! Also installed a factory battery tray for an aux battery while I was at it. It is amazing that for being 25 years old the factory jack and tools are still present. They look like they never even had been used either.

Also got another set of Strike 8 Desert Rattler wheels to pay the K10 back for the tires and wheels the Polar Bear stole from it a few months ago. Just need to order up another set of Fierce Attitude tires before next season.

And, we took the little monkey for her first camping/fish trip in the Bear a few weeks ago.

Camping here was certainly not an exotic destination away from civilization like I prefer but this lake is a great lake to take the wife and baby with conveniences the ladies prefer (bathrooms and it close to home). We just camped in my in-laws popup trailer.

That's it for now
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote