View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #34
72BigBlockBurb

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Suburban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
Rest assured your trim code 642 Suburban is a Blue Plaid Highlander.
Being a Highlander Trim upgrade it will have the Highlander goodies like the plaid and black carpet but none of the Promo Package options were included.
All other options on your Suburban (other than the Z62 Custom Deluxe) were free choice. This is why your Sub was built with the base mirrors and not the DG4s "included" with Promo Package A or higher as an example.

Reference old thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...9&postcount=52
I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance to get them. I'll warn you...she is REALLY ugly right now. The green GMC fenders and yellow hood do nothing for her! I had the truck painted 10+ years ago...did it on a budget just to get it all covered...and didn't do the roof white. My brother-in-law, the producer of the GMC front end due to a wreck and subsequent "putting it back together" also stuck in a different interior. Thankfully I've got most of the original parts. I'm probably going to have to dye a set of panels white for the inside as I have no idea where the door panels went when he did the change out.

The suburban is in line for work, but she is pretty far back. I've got a frame swap on my '49 panel and then have to get my '50 pickup running again. After that it is time to work on the suburban. I purposely put it on the back burner as I've got to decide just how I want to approach the repairs I've got to do!
1972 402BB Suburban-Finally got her back!
1982 Mecham Racing Firebird #21
2009 GT1 Corvette
2000 Corvette convertible
72BigBlockBurb is offline   Reply With Quote