The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

1969 C30 Car Hauler with sentimental value.

Just last Sunday found this truck while searching Craigslist for trucks to buy to part out or what ever. I clicked on the posting and sure enough it was a truck that I could not live with out. My late uncle Neil built this truck back in 1977-1978 to haul his cars-trucks to his wrecking yard. I remember it very well from day one. Unfortunately we lost him in 2002. Knowing his heath was terminal he sold this before passing. It was offered to me and I declined as at the time I was not into these trucks. But as time passed I got into these trucks and his importance to me grew stronger. My cousins, other uncles, and long time friends all have memories driving this truck while working for him. The buyer bought it and took it home and parked it. It was never driven or used since the last car it hauled. It still had all the chains and binders and misc untouched. I looked at it, and struck a deal. Money was no object at this point and the buyer knew that as he knew both of us as it turned out. I took the carb off and took it home to rebuild it and then drove it home last Thursday. Amazingly enough it drove great and everything worked fine. I took it to a friend's house to store for the time being he drove this truck when it was new. It will get a complete resto back to the original condition from day one. It started life as a C30 cab-chassis SRW 133" wb. He length-ed the frame and built the ramp set up. Can't wait till I have time to tear into it! The pic with the model was done by a friend that drove this truck over thirty years ago while working for him. He has kept it all this time. Kinda funny I had to store it a his house as I don't have room on my 5 acres. We surprised him and his wife for a very cool moment.
Thanks for reading, Tom
Attached Images

73 Chevelle SS 454 had since high school.
74 Camaro Z28 350 AT numbers matching, Black on Black.
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
70 Chevelle SS 396 4sp, number matching with LS6 454
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler
86 K20 383 4sp 4" lift frame off restoration.
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=1b1082d3.pbw
tll74 is offline   Reply With Quote