The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Ever have one of those weeks?

Daughter was rear-ended. She's good, but the X-ray says there's a disc injury, pending an MRI.

Youngest son sprained his ankle jogging. Looks bad, but he insists he doesn't need an X-ray because he's walking.

We noticed the rear fender on my daughter's car was brushed by something. Black, just like my truck. So I checked my truck, and yep. While the paint will rub out on both vehicles, long story short we know it was my oldest son, who borrowed my truck three weeks ago and drove home smashed drunk......It was the last time he uses one of my vehicles anyway, very disappointing, but if he knew he did it, and I'm hoping he didn't, if there's one thing I can't take it's dishonesty. We're going to have a talk when he returns next week.

Dog we adopted a year ago giving signs she's done. She was a foster dog. She has cancers everywhere, so we kept her. We've only had her a year, but what a sweetheart. She talks to you, cutest little howl you've ever seen.

I spent a lot of time on a Chevy part. Not happy with it, and declared it a do-over.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Re: Ever have one of those weeks?

Hang in there buddy, it can only get better!!

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61_FL_Apache View Post
Hang in there buddy, it can only get better!!
Thanks man, will do. Just to finish out the week, I was just diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma cancer.

Reason we have weeks like this is so the others are better Otherwise we wouldn't know the difference.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old 06-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

How much of that do you have going on? I had to google it

1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
Old 06-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #5
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
How much of that do you have going on? I had to google it
Tiny spot on the cheek. At least I hope so. Caught it very early. At least I hope so. They remove it Monday. At least I hope so.

Go figure I felt something on my face 6-9 months ago, strange feeling, hard to explain. I had to look too, some of those are real bad.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #6
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

That can be bad. I hope they get it all, first pass.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #7
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
That can be bad. I hope they get it all, first pass.
I'm optimistic, but yikes, some of those are real bad. Hats and sunscreen, hats and sunscreen.

A year or so ago I posted I quit smoking. Well, I was bull****ting you guys, because that business lasted 2 hours, tops. That aint it though. Far too many times I made a "pact" let's call it, and every time I broke it, beyond acceptable.

Some call it karma, others see proof of God, both can declare a lesson and progression. I'll remain optimistic with good reason, and yeah, I quit smoking today..............My Chevy will like the change for starters, things are going to go quicker
Old 06-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #8
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

The only new years resolution I ever made and stuck to was quitting smoking. That was on 01/01/01. I still crave it, but I dont miss the smell and the expense. My health greatly improved too and that was almost immediate.

Keep us posted on the Monday procedure. I wish you the best!

1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I'm having one of those 6 months. Just when you think its calmed down ... fizzle.

Did have a little good news last night after I posted about finishing liquidating my truck stuff. A couple of my local truck buds, not members here, but lurkers, got together and called me. Didn't realize that was where I was at with life in general. We are getting together later today. I deleted the stupid (after they talked me out of it) thread.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #10
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
The only new years resolution I ever made and stuck to was quitting smoking. That was on 01/01/01. I still crave it, but I dont miss the smell and the expense. My health greatly improved too and that was almost immediate.

Keep us posted on the Monday procedure. I wish you the best!
Good for you. Yesterday could have been the 50th time I quit. I didn't smoke much until I retired 1.5 yrs. ago. But there's a dependency where oh man, had to have one. I could use one now, but not a chance. If you put one in front of me I'd say no thanks, and that's a first. I'll post for sure, thanks.

While it bugs me, I'm more concerned about my daughter. Doctor is slow playing for an MRI. Insurance is slow and unresponsive, because they're insurance. My daughter and the person responsible have the same insurer. You'd think the simple stuff would be a no-brainer, but of course not. Everyone looking after their bottom-line and nobody talking. That changes on Monday, whether they talk to me or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I'm having one of those 6 months. Just when you think its calmed down ... fizzle.

Did have a little good news last night after I posted about finishing liquidating my truck stuff. A couple of my local truck buds, not members here, but lurkers, got together and called me. Didn't realize that was where I was at with life in general. We are getting together later today. I deleted the stupid (after they talked me out of it) thread.
Hang in there man. let's look forward to a better 6 months.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #11
CG
BlahBlahBlah

[QUOTE=Hang in there man. let's look forward to a better 6 months.[/QUOTE]

High five my truck brother from a different mother =)
Old 06-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #12
Redneck Rydes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Thanks man, will do. Just to finish out the week, I was just diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma cancer.

Reason we have weeks like this is so the others are better Otherwise we wouldn't know the difference.
Going through the same cancer thing,all over my face,just finished chemo,hurts like H@ll,but will get through,so will you we have to be thankful we caught it early,to many people dying,all the best.
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #13
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
Going through the same cancer thing,all over my face,just finished chemo,hurts like H@ll,but will get through,so will you we have to be thankful we caught it early,to many people dying,all the best.
My mother went through radiation & chemo. in 1997 for stage 4 breast cancer. In 2011 she had lung cancer. It was a challenge, but she saw it through and yeah, she quit smoking. In 2016 she had breast cancer again and had them removed. She's cancer free again, still ticking @ 83.

Rule of the day dude, every day................hang in there.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #14
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

How did the procedure go today?

1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
Old 06-05-2018, 01:14 AM   #15
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
How did the procedure go today?
Pretty good, thanks for asking. I haven't looked yet HA!. Girl was so nice, good doc too. She says the slice is under an inch. No big and I can use the character. With any luck that's it. No cigs, lots of sun screen, and I've become a fan of hats.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #16
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Eh, ya know. The hats will do the trick!! Its like having to start wearing reading glasses for the first time... Then its not so bad.

1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
Old 06-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #17
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Eh, ya know. The hats will do the trick!! Its like having to start wearing reading glasses for the first time... Then its not so bad.
Ha ha, I remember the moment too. I was looking at a phone book, one second I saw the text the next I didn't. Like a light.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #18
Low Elco

Hang in there brother. Got a lot of unrelenting s--T going here too. Magically have lost 26 lb in 2 months, don't know why. Can't get people to stop tearing stuff up faster than I can fix it. Hopefully a lot of stuff is going away in the next 2 weeks. Good luck, hope you heal up well.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #19
Boog
laying low

Too many years out in the sun has taken it’s toll on a lot of us. My dad had numerous surgeries over the years including 5 bypasses, black malanoma and a few other tumors removed, gall bladder but he said what bothered him the worst was all the needles in his face to deaden so they could scrape, slice off the facial tumors. I guess there is something to the deminishing ozone layer as the sun rays seem to be harder on us all these days. I know i have more brown spots on my hands and arms than ever.
I wish you fellas well with your surgeries/treatments.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #20
racerop

To all the people having hard times especially
those going through chemotherapeutic and
radiation, the struggle is real, just know
everybody is praying for you.

My way of getting through the tough times was
Thinking of every minute, I made it.

It seems stupid when all of our lives we
forget the the minutes until we think that
they are our last

Make it through the next minute. Take the next
as a blessing

Your struggle is worse than mine, reach out and
see if we can help. Being alone or rather feeling
alone is the worst , fyi you are never alone.
There are 7 billion people on earth , at least
one of us cares. But I bet at least 1 billion does ,
that says a lot.
racerop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Too many years out in the sun has taken it’s toll on a lot of us. My dad had numerous surgeries over the years including 5 bypasses, black malanoma and a few other tumors removed, gall bladder but he said what bothered him the worst was all the needles in his face to deaden so they could scrape, slice off the facial tumors. I guess there is something to the deminishing ozone layer as the sun rays seem to be harder on us all these days. I know i have more brown spots on my hands and arms than ever.
I wish you fellas well with your surgeries/treatments.
Those shots smart for sure, but not overwhelming. Course I've only had two.

I did a little research of the cancer spot I HAD. Unreal man, one million new cases a year in the USA, and it's the SECOND most common form of skin cancer. Wholly cow. Apparently there's been a 200% increase since I don't remember. So yeah, the sun is glaring. Food may play a role too.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:45 AM   #22
In The Ten Ring

Praying for you guys already.

How old is the son with the sprained ankle? An X Ray won't show any soft tissue damage, go for MRI or CT scan for that. Might not be much to be done about it anyway, except for STAYING OFF IT and then therapy. Get him to a specialist ASAP.

Clamp down on the drinking, do not be a sucker again (you are right not to loan him anything again).

No comment on the disc injury, other than to pray for her speedy recovery.

I'd make the dog as comfy as you can but I would not advise "putting to sleep." I was there when my mother's dog was "put to sleep" and it was a horrible thing to witness. Being "put to sleep" was the vet inducing a heart attack and I cried all the way home. My mother and I held the little girl (dog) and it so devastating to my mother, she nearly died herself of sorrow (no joke).

You should be there with her when she does go but if I ever get a pet and it needs to be put down, I'll do it myself, with a firearm.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote