The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #1
amashal

CVF Racing Serpentine Conversion

Have any of you guys installed this kit? I'm having issues and wonder if you guys have experienced the same

https://www.cvfracing.com/black-chev...ng-water-pump/

Everything installed nicely, I thought until the alternator belt went on. The belts are touching each other and after further inspection the power steering belt was misaligned. The new power steering pulley is pressed on as far as the shaft will allow on the front side. Looking on the back side of the pulley I can see about 1/4" of shiny shaft that the pulley can slide back on. The problem is with the installer tool it will not allow the pulley to press on any further.
amashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #2
Smitty

Re: CVF Racing Serpentine Conversion

I found an early ‘90’s Tahoe in the wrecking yard. Pulled all the brackets for the serpanteen setup. Bought water pump alternator, power steering pump, and a/c compressor separately so they were fresh. Should you go this route be shire to take all the fasteners as well. Because they are a mixture of standard and metric. And some aren’t easy to find. One belt not two or three
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
amashal

Re: CVF Racing Serpentine Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I found an early ‘90’s Tahoe in the wrecking yard. Pulled all the brackets for the serpanteen setup. Bought water pump alternator, power steering pump, and a/c compressor separately so they were fresh. Should you go this route be shire to take all the fasteners as well. Because they are a mixture of standard and metric. And some aren’t easy to find. One belt not two or three
I considered that route but since I’m not running A/C the CVF kit fit my needs better. I’m stuck with it now since it’s been installed. Hopefully I can get it figured out.
amashal is offline   Reply With Quote