The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
CANTFIXIT

Stock Oil Pressure Guage

Can someone post a pic of your stock oil pressure guage for a 72 C-10 with the key off. I need to see where the needle points to. My needle fell off...
CANTFIXIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Stock Oil Pressure Guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTFIXIT View Post
Can someone post a pic of your stock oil pressure guage for a 72 C-10 with the key off. I need to see where the needle points to. My needle fell off...
The needle will rest against a stop on the left side of the gauge. By design there may be a small amount of tension on the needle when it is resting on the stop. Sometimes they do not touch the stop. If the gauge is calibrated correctly, it should have a small amount of tension against the stop.

As you can see from the photo of this 80 lb gauge, it is probably out of calibration as the needle is not resting on the stop.

I will look for some other photos. When I go back to my shop tomorrow, I will look at the oil pressure gauges I have in my inventory (about 50 of them) and see if I can get you some other examples.

Hope this helps.
Tom
Attached Images

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:13 AM   #3
Huggerorangeblood

Tom, here is a picture of my 1971 gmc suburban that you have have been helping me with parts on. Thanks for your help. I need to get down there more often.
Attached Images

Huggerorangeblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorangeblood View Post
Tom, here is a picture of my 1971 gmc suburban that you have have been helping me with parts on. Thanks for your help. I need to get down there more often.
I think you may have me confused with tll74 who is also Tom and sells parts for 67-72 trucks from Springfield, OR. I know Tom and he is a great guy. I primarily restore gauge clusters and sell gauge cluster parts.

Very nice GMC Burb, by the way. Looks very nice.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote