The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
BigTallWayne

'94 Cheyenne no longer strong

Hello, my vehicular pride and joy is a well loved 1994 Cheyenne pick up 6 cylinder 2wd. My family bought it new, 2+kids have learned to drive on it, and it's never let me down... Untill now.

It's a stick shift, with no tachometer, so I figured in my infinite wisdom about 3 months ago that I needed to put a tach on it. I purchased one at a local auto parts store, followed the directions, and it worked great, except now Truckasarus no longer runs as normal.

I promptly removed the tach, put everything back the way it was, and it still does not run right. Whether or not the issue is related to this attempted install I do not know.

From a cold start, it sputters, and struggles while idling, after it warms up a bit, it sounds a bit sweeter, but still has some stutters. When you try to step on it, it's not as quick to respond, and it's noticeable that there have been some horses that have escaped from the system.

It does still run and drive, recently (within past 500 miles) I have replaced, plugs, wires, air filter, distributor cap and rotor. Friends have suggested to replace fuel filter as well.

Since my family has owned the truck, it's seen the above repairs, regular lube oil filter, and 2 clutches.

Any suggestions on where to start would be awesome.

Thanks,

Big Tall Wayne

Last edited by BigTallWayne; 07-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.
BigTallWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Tom
driving is in my blood

Re: '94 Cheyenne no longer strong

Start with fuel pressure, what is it?
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote