The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
PGG

More adventures with my new 72

Well I got it back late this afternoon from my mechanics. The last few days they fixed the tranny leak, replaced the electronic ignition and replaced the fuel pump. Picked it up started like a champ took it back to work parked for a hour, took it home fired right up no problem again drove fine. Stayed home for 30 minutes fired right up then went to dinner ran perfect. After dinner came out fired right up but died after 10 seconds or so. Smelled like it was flooded waited ten minutes same thing just turns over and over. Looked around could see gas waited another hour with the air filter top off to let air in tried again same thing. Called a tow service he wanted to look and thought the gas was leaking all around the carb. I could see gas on both sides of the manifold and dripping from the linkage but couldn't see from where or why. Any ideas? The tow driver thought the carb gasket might be blown out but I have no idea why that would be he suggested the new fuel pump had more pressure then it could handle??? No idea personally what does it sound like to all you here?

Thanks for the info and help. PG
PGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:07 AM   #2
A1971Blazer

Re: More adventures with my new 72

carb float is stuck or there's a piece of trash stuck in the needle and seat holding it open..........sometimes tapping on the side of the carb GENTLY will free it up.....most times you need to pull the top off the carb and fix it properly.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:54 AM   #3
montsb

Re: More adventures with my new 72

I have been thinking carb float bowl issues. Sounds very probable to me as well.
montsb is offline   Reply With Quote