The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

Canadian Price Check! -- 73 - 87 rear fenders, and GMC tailgate

Hello everyone!

I've decided that I want to do all the body work on my truck throughout the winter. I need at least the rear fenders and a new tailgate. I have a 1980 GMC, so I would be looking for fenders that match up with my stock cab (all from 73 - 87 should...). All I am looking for right now is just a ball park price, for both just the tailgate and fenders, and for a full box, in Canadian funds.

It is a 8' fleetside, by the way.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:39 AM   #2
kballan

I bought some brand new box sides last fall. Paid just over $1500 Cdn. I've since switched everything to a shortbox frame and now I can't use the sides. They're brand new and have never been on the road. I welded patches over the stake pockets, so they're smoothed off now. If you want them, I'll sell them along with a galvanized floor (no rust except for minor surface rust on the cross braces underneath) for $950 Cdn.

ANY MAN CAN BUILD A TRUCK, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP!
kballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:09 AM   #3
Russell
Professional Grade

Thats about my whole budget for all the body work... Thanks for the offer, but I've seen some boxes here for $400, I was just testing the water here, I don't need new, just something with no rot or serious damage / noticeable dents in them...
Old 08-28-2003, 02:54 AM   #4
kballan

$400 sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Any fleetside shortboxes in the area for sale in good shape? Don't want a wood floor either.

Old 08-28-2003, 03:58 AM   #5
Russell
Professional Grade

I'll keep an eye out for you... I may have found another truck that I am gonna buy and just sell my current one...
Old 08-28-2003, 04:12 AM   #6
kballan

Much appreciated, thanks! If I see anything here I'll let you know.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #7
Russell
Professional Grade

Alright, scratch that idea, the shortbox was sold...

I am still looking for fenders and a tailgate (bed would be good, but not quite as nessessary) or a full box...

I am not looking for something brand new, or totally rust free, just something that has no major dents, and no rot, surface rust isn't a problem...

I was looking at the front half of my truck, those fenders may need to be replaced as well depending on just how bad the rot there is... I've got a neighbour who does all sorts of restorations and he might be coming over later tonight to give me some advice on it, he was also talking about some patch panels that are sold in the city that I might be able to use... I'll be finding out later on, but please do keep your eyes open for me and kballan =)