The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
Travis1974

1972 GMC Suburban 4x4 3/4 ton basket case build

I restored a 1972 longbed a couple years ago
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...5&goto=newpost
I love the truck but with a family of 5, I have been looking for a suburban for about a year so that we can all enjoy it. Specifically I have been looking for a 4x4. I am driving a 90' suburban 4x4 until I restore something older. Living on 8 acres I just can't live without a 4x4!
I had my eyes on craigslist all over Texas for a long time and finally posted up some "looking for" ads. That worked.
I just brought her home and here she is. It was a forestry truck in it's early life. Was purchased by a guy that drove it all over the country and ended up abandoning it because he went to jail. The guy I bought it from purchased it to restore. He took it apart, painted the frame, had the body sandblasted, etched and epoxy primered all the sheet metal. He put the body back on the frame to do the body work and there she sat under a carport for 4 years.
I have all the parts plus alot of extra body parts from a donor burb he bought at one point. It has a complete headliner worth of AC panels and was apparently loaded at one point with dual gas tanks and pretty well loaded.
Attached Images

Travis1974 is offline   Reply With Quote