The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2021, 10:36 PM   #1
Worldofhurts

A/C help for a friend on a very small budget

I have an elderly friend who is on a fixed income. I'm trying to help him repair his Old air ac unit on his 72 C10. His compressor was going out and I'm looking for a replacement for the old air dryer and expansion valve. Dryer 21-4215A and expansion valve 25-1000 according to Old Air's website. And when I mean replacements I mean real part numbers that are for the items. I know the compressor is a Sanden "Style" 508 which I'm giving him since he has helped me out many times in the past. I'm just trying to collect the rest of the parts for him so he can keep the AC working. I have a good friend Pete from express auto that will flush and recharge the system. I Maybe wrong but I think the Dryer is an AC Delco 15-1244 and I'm not sure on the Expansion Valve but I'm open to suggestions. It's nothing against Old Air for the prices. We have purchased for my families C10s and I continue to buy from them. I'm just trying to help this old timer out and keep his truck running with spending as little as possible.. Thank you in advance for all the help.
Worldofhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:17 PM   #2
davischevy

Re: A/C help for a friend on a very small budget

Is he completely missing the expansion valve?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:19 PM   #3
davischevy

A dryer is $16 at the parts store. If somebody here had one the shipping would be that much.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #4
Worldofhurts

He has it but he was told that is best to replace it just incase any metal got free from the pump.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #5
Worldofhurts

That's what I was told it shouldn't cost no more then 20-$30 I just don't know what parts will match and got absolutely frustrated when I went to the parts store because if the kid behind the counter doesn't have a part number for his computer he's clueless. I sure miss the days when people behind the counter actually worked on cars and knew exactly what the parts were called.