The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Ebstard944

Jeep wrangler seat bracket?

Any one ever try this? Nothing is ever new! I just got a set of 99 silverado seats for my 72. The stock brackets wont work very well with the taller seats. I was washing the TJ today and looking at the way the bracket flops forward and thinking it would work better for my Blazer. Plus, they are cheap (50-100 on ebay).

Thoughts?
Ebstard944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Erik V

Re: Jeep wrangler seat bracket?

As with any integrated shoulder belt seat, you'll want to make sure things are bolted more securely than just to the floor. The factory lap belt goes back into the vertical section between front and rear floorboards. If you bolt the new seat to the stock seat bolt holes, and a good enough collision occurs that occupants attached to seats may be in for an unexpected ride.

I like the flip flop passenger seat plan since the stock stuff is rare and spendy. I'm planning on just hard mounted the buckets I got out of a 97 Sebring Convertible to where the factory seat belts mounted to the back of the front seat area, and the fronts to stock locations.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Ebstard944

Im with you on the extra bracing in the floor Erik, and I feel the same about the stock stuff $. I like stock, but at that money, I can have sholder belts, head rests, and a better ride with $ left over. I guess no one has tried this.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
Erik V

I have no kids, and the big dogs dont really care about obstacles. I'm most likely going to hard mount both front buckets, might run a bar across from side to side at the front and back edges of the seats-which gives something for a console to mount to. Sucks not having cup holders.

We'll see if I change my mind when I find time to start installing the new buckets, maybe I'll figure out a flip forward for the passenger side. Take pics of what you're working with-people on this forum seem to innovate and share knowledge, maybe many minds are better than 1 in this case.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Ebstard944

Cool, will do (if I get it together). I am looking at 2011 ford (gasp) superduty jump seat/console for the center. It also has a sholderbelt, cupholders, 2 storage spaces, cig lighter outlet, and you can get an unused take out shipped for under $200! The chevy equivilant is like $350 plus shipping, but if I can find a deal........
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Ebstard944

I am still looking at wrangler brackets, but the tub floor is all over the place (not flat) but I dug deeper and found a same vein bracket. Bronco II.

http://www.azbronco.org/tech05.htm

Start hunting one down!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
Ebstard944

http://www.azbronco.org/tech/todd-mods

oops. Well. Its here.