The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
KyFarm

Motor Mounts for 69 c-10, 4WD

I will be putting a small block into my C-10 4WD in the coming weeks. A big block came out. I'm thinking about starting a build thread for this as I imagine I'll be asking a bunch of questions.

I have the cross member and perches (I believe that is what they are called). Can someone recommend some motor mounts to me.

Also, I took out a TH350, can I use the same trans mounts on a 4L70?

Thanks for any help

1969 K-10, Short Step, (383HT/4L70E soon)-NP205
KyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
hotsam

Re: Motor Mounts for 69 c-10, 4WD

I do not consider myself an expert on 67-72 truck knowledge by any means , but I do have a 72 k10 that I have had both a sbc and bbc in at different times.. Other than new rubber or urethane on the mounts you should be able to remove the engine mounts from the bbc , bolt them on the sbc , and be good to go.. Even if someone has moved the engine cradle forward to install the bbc the blocks are the same length from engine mounts to rear of engine so it wont give you any trouble. You may already be aware that the k series 4x4s never had bbc engines from factory until 73 forward. It took some modification to install the bbc in my truck. Some folks move the original engine cradle and mounts forward a couple inches , and some use a square body engine crossmember and mounts. Also some claim to have to do nothing at all with the original cradle position but this wasnt the case for me. The bbc hit my firewall terribly.. I used the square body setup. Either way it makes no difference the sbc will sit right in assuming the oil pan is correct for the truck. I hope this info helps !! I cannot answer on the 4l60 or 4l80 measurements , but there are many here that can.
1955 2 door 210 post
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote