The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

Blue Dragon II Aka "The Man Truck"

So this is my first build thread and my first build. Introduction to the madness that has become my life.

February of 2006 I saw this old nasty blue rusted out 72 K10 LWB truck with a heap of tires in the back sitting on base outside my barracks...it didn't move...had notices it was going to be towed on it...basically was left to die. I said "someday that's going to be mine."

So fast forward to October of 2006 we get back from Iraq I use all that nice combat money and buy a newer, probably too expensive car against my better judgement but to my mom's pushing. Driving around and drive back by where that old truck used to sit...there she is...

May of 2007 I left a note about a month before on the truck stating, "Whoever owns this..if you want to sell it I'll buy it" Well low and behold someone finally calls me and says "It doesn't run....it didn't shift or stop last time it did run...but for 300 it's yours" I say "deal" and get the truck..mind you it has no title, registration or anything. I'll update you to the rest of it by pictures...thanks for reading and I hope to hear words of encouragement...

As it sat...

About two months or so in on a limited budget...new Edelbrock 1406 600 CFM 4 barrel with electric choke, new thermostat, thermostat housing, front shocks, 33x12.5 tires (for $150 for all 4 used), today a 2" lift till I can afford a good 6" suspension lift and 35's, new alternator, new starter, tailgate from Dano69c10 off here, tailgate hardware and just ordered a Resto Pack from Chevy.

Enjoy...after we get the lift blocks for a temp fix under it I'll get another pic or two...anyone have any idea on the carb pic what I could use to plug that empty vacuum port?
Blue Dragon: 72 K-10 SOLD!
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

panhandler62: Just don't search for "trannys" no matter how hard yours shifts -- you just won't get what you are looking for.

I Made The Official So Cal Board Meet
semperfidoordie is offline   Reply With Quote