The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
The Big Green

I need help with a possibly buy

Here's the deal from the start. The guy said theres a rattle between the tranny and tcase(coupler). The trans is a 400, tcase is a np205. Next is whats this thing worth in price? Its a 1972 Jimmy, new 37/12.50/18 Hankook Dynapro MT's, and Motometal 18in wheels(set of 5). The axles are 3/4 ton with 4.56 gears, Detroit lockers, and 4 wheel disc with slotted rotors. The lift is an 8in Superlift with leafs no blocks. The engine is a 350/400/205 cammed up a little, new exhaust out the rear. The frame lookes fairly clean, axles and all look great. Now story is it was biult for a kid and he got anxious to get into it so they never restored the body, its got normal rust, this guy hit a tree and caved the side in behind drivers door and I can tell its rusted pretty bad. Interior has no carpet and no back seat, it has newer buckets. Heres a few pics.

Posted via Mobile Device
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
DSST_construction

Re: I need help with a possibly buy

How much is he asking. Looks like a good deal for the right price. I could see people asking 4-9 k for it depending on the owner.
Posted via Mobile Device
DSST_construction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
The Big Green

He never posted a price. This was on CL up here back in the beginning of the cold season. I offered up my S-10 with a Mopar, 600hp $15000 in receipts. I went to see it and he text me on the way home saying he wanted to keep it. He text me a week or so ago and asked if I still had it. He bought a 1994 Burb on 35's so he said he can let it go now. So no said price it was trade only or offers. Heres my Chodge.

Heres one of the build when it was in my 2001 Dakota like 8yrs ago.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
POS1

Often, buying and old car/truck comes down to what two people are willing to pay. For me, I'd only give him $4000 for his beast because its got an 8" lift, fancy wheels and 3/4 ton axles. The minute I got it, I'd have to take all that crap off and make a decent driving machine out of it. The next guy might give him $10,000 for it because the seller has already done what he would have done anyway.

Judging by all that's been done to the truck, seller is gonna want top dollar. Unfortunately, I think he's a crappy seller because he won't put a price on something HE owns. Think about what you'd pay for his heavily-tweaked truck, come up with a number, offer it, then forget about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
1986 Jeep CJ7
1969 Porsche 911S Targa
POS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
The Big Green

Well, for me I'll fix the body up but really it's what I wanted to do to my 67 C10 before I bagged it on 24's. So the moneys in it and it seems nice. I asked what he wanted and he said asking $7500. I've spoke with him and he seems honest I think. The add was put up because I'm not sure if he knows really what to ask for it but the ad was placed merely for trades I think. If I sold my truck I'd ask $8000 but people wont pay that. I'd be lucky to get $5000 cash. Its a S10 ($300 truck) with a $15000 8yrs old engine with a weak tranny for the set up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
POS1

It looks like an old mud truck; the dude put his cash into the axles, wheels/tires, and a lift and that's about it. Built for abuse. $7500 can buy a pretty solid Blazer that wasn't built for abuse. Unless you're buying it to abuse, in which case this truck could be perfect for you. Here's your ace-in-the-hole - that truck was built rather specifically, and I'll bet it'll take him awhile to find a new buyer who'd want a truck like that. Hit him with a fair, but on-the-lower-end offer and walk. Worst case scenario is that you can take your $7500 bones and buy a non-abused, honest truck.
1986 Jeep CJ7
1969 Porsche 911S Targa
POS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
The Big Green

This is a trade deal because I cant sell a hot rod. I jsut want to be fair and get a built ride to wheel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
The Big Green

I didn't say trade because its very hard for guys to say its worth it. I know what mines worth to me but I like to be honest and get the same in return. I like my hot rod but its time to let it go. If I pass up this one before giving it a thought I wont get another offer like this. I've tried to sell off and one for over a year and its not working.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #9
rsavage

IMO, I don't believe that he could realistically get $3000 for that Blazer. It needs mechanical work and lots of body work. Its lift will appeal to only a small audience. Might make a good off road vehicle, although it will have a high center of gravity, but it won't make a decent road vehicle. If it were me, I'd keep looking.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
The Big Green

Hmm I don't think I'll trade, guess I'll keep my Mopar powered Chevy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
botmfedr1

I would have to agree with most of the posts. IMHO all of his upgrades are junk. Those big wheels are crap if you want to do any serious trails. This is why i stick with stock on all of my trucks. I know i have a lift on my Blazer and Suburban, but those aren't modifications i can't easily replace should i want to sell someday.

Its true, hot rods and big rigs like that don't ever do good in sales, the owner usually takes a huge loss.
Keep your money and take a trip out to Arizone/NM/Tx....there are lots in that area. Don't rely on Craigslist...you'd be very suprised how many people don't ever list. I was stationed in EL Paso, thats where i got the Suburban in my avatar...still has the Rudolph Chevrolet metal tag on the tailgate...
botmfedr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
The Big Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmfedr1 View Post
I would have to agree with most of the posts. IMHO all of his upgrades are junk. Those big wheels are crap if you want to do any serious trails. This is why i stick with stock on all of my trucks. I know i have a lift on my Blazer and Suburban, but those aren't modifications i can't easily replace should i want to sell someday.

Its true, hot rods and big rigs like that don't ever do good in sales, the owner usually takes a huge loss.
Keep your money and take a trip out to Arizone/NM/Tx....there are lots in that area. Don't rely on Craigslist...you'd be very suprised how many people don't ever list. I was stationed in EL Paso, thats where i got the Suburban in my avatar...still has the Rudolph Chevrolet metal tag on the tailgate...
I passed on the trade. I'm going to rebiuld this Mopar Chevy aka Chodge and do a bigger cam and stall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
DSST_construction

i would of traded, you could of always sold off the new tires and wheels. restored the blazer the way you wanted to. I dont think the guy bought the tires and wheels for off road more for parking lot style.

Also its gonna be hard to sell or trade that s10, it woould be alot easier to sell a stock blazer. JMO, i know when we do things to our toys doesnt mean we will ever get the money back.
DSST_construction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
The Big Green

Well I'd love to sell S10 for $7000 but I've had no luck and no offers, I also have twice that in it. Yes know I cant get what I have in it. If I could ever sell the Jimmy for $6000-7000 with little cash I'd trade or if I could make it a decent trail toy and clean it up a bit I'd keep it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
The Big Green

I keep going back and forth so I said nevermind. Less stress to keep it lol.
Posted via Mobile Device