The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2003, 09:16 PM   #1
raychevy

92 s10 blazer tire size/body lift

Hi all.

I just bought a 92 s-10 blazer tahoe, 4x4 with the 4.3. It has those running boards like many blazers do from the front wheels to the rear and they kinda act like mud flaps too. My question has to do with the tires that are currently on it. The factory rims rusted to hell so the previous owner replaced them with chrome ones. Now it has p235/75r15 tires on those rims. If I turn the wheels hard, it will rub those running boards. Tires are brand new so its too late to change them.

I want to do a body lift that would give me more tire clearance so it wouldnt rub the tires, and the running boards would be raised too.

I have never done any kind of lift before and need to know the ins and outs of it. I saw a 79.00 kit on the internet to lift the body 3 inches. Will it look bad with a 3 inch lift and the current tires I have ? Will I have enough clearance to put it in the mud a little ? Will the body lift affect driveablility, reliability, or stress some components ? Where can I buy a good kit, and what do I do about raising the bumpers also ?

Thanks
raychevy is offline   Reply With Quote