The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
nknspqs

Wheel Tire Help

I am working on finishing a 1970 SWB C-10 and am looking for info on wheel and tire size. The truck was set up suspension wise to be a driver with stage 2 porterbuilt airbag kits on front and rear. No body drop and no mods to bed or front fender wells. However it's gotten out of hand and now so clean it likely won't see as much road time as originally thought. All that being said, we are looking at doing a 285/40-20 on the rear on a 20x10 wheel and a 245/40-20 on the front on a 20x8 wheel. We have yet to determine backspace but are thinking we'll be close to 5.5" on rear and between 4" and 5" on the front.

What I am looking for here is some examples close to this configuration to get advice from you guys on pros and cons of this set-up or suggestions. Pics would be great for visual reference of ride stance with this size wheel/tire if you have them. I'll take any info/advice on "common" tire/wheel size or backspace info you are willing to offer.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. More details on this build to come, quite and interesting story.
nknspqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
hewittca

Re: Wheel Tire Help

I was looking to run a very similar setup on my truck and had my setup all planned out before I changed to running 22s instead. The setup I was going to copy was that of user badger69. He doesn't post very frequently, so I will link you to his build (found here) so you can get an idea of what a similar setup would be. I think it's basically the same except he's running a 20x9 in the rear with a 285/50, and 20x8 in the front with 245/45. Backspace was 4.5 front and 4.25 rear. I chatted with him through DM about his setup and he provided further insight into running that combo. You might have some luck as well sending him a direct message.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote