The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
datsm3

SoCal 68 C10 Build

Hey guys - I just want to document my journey for my C10 build. I didn't grow up in a family full of Chevy's or C10's. I just always loved the platform, they always stood out to me. I chose the C10 to be my first full attempt at a ground up build/restoration.

My background has been primarily imports. I am NOT a mechanic by no means, but I definitely get my hands dirty and am more of a mechanically-inclined person. My cars have progressed from buying parts out of a catalog, to my latest project, a Datsun 510 that I did everything myself, except for painting it, and putting tires on it.

I literally only have 2 things. I have a 1968 big back window cab, and a GSI frame, that is due to pickup anytime now. I'll admit, I'm intimidated, but I thought I couldn't even do my Datsun, and it taught me some things about myself and that I can do things I put my mind to.

So with that said, here are some pics. And another question, what steps would you take next? Since I'm getting a GSI frame, I figure it's time to make that a roller. So rear end and brakes I suppose? Any recommendations welcomed!

My Datsun 510 I mentioned about:

Last edited by datsm3; 04-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.
datsm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
michael bustamante

Re: SoCal 67 C10 Build

tats a cool little car!! first thing id do is run a vin check on the cab. make sure its a 67. if you pick up an LMC magazine theres a vin checker on there for c10. also you can do it online. theres some 68 features I see on that cab is why im saying.
next, start looking into a disc brake front end for the frame. decide if you want 5 or lix lug suspension. and KEEP US INFORMED SO WE CAN CHIME IN!
Old 04-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
datsm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
tats a cool little car!! first thing id do is run a vin check on the cab. make sure its a 67. if you pick up an LMC magazine theres a vin checker on there for c10. also you can do it online. theres some 68 features I see on that cab is why im saying.
next, start looking into a disc brake front end for the frame. decide if you want 5 or lix lug suspension. and KEEP US INFORMED SO WE CAN CHIME IN!
Thanks! Sorry about that, I meant 1968. I updated the title just now. Good lookin out!

Thanks for the tips on where to start, that helps a lot!
datsm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:58 PM   #4
goldenburb

Welcome to the coolest form.
The Thing I'm learning is not very detail , every specific steps are in builds so do a lot of homework, have patients &. Talk to companys, theres really cool people like Nat @ pf . Good luck & cool D510
goldenburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:20 AM   #5
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Nice 510....I'm in to watch this one

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote