The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2024, 12:44 AM   #1
Boog
laying low

TVIs in Arkansas

We've talked about TVI (tactical vehicle intervention) or PIT maneuvers before and here is a news story showing how our ASP are trained for it. Officers make the decision on their own to use it to end a pursuit. In Arkansas there are no maximum speeds to perform a TVI unlike other states, some allow a TVI only under 45 mph.
The number of TVIs seem to be going up each year. According to this news story the only fatalities so far have been to fleeing suspects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE-3MwHKtnc

These men in blue ain't messing around. Gonna get ya boy!
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:44 AM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: TVIs in Arkansas

It's certainly exciting but a crying shame that sort of thing is necessary. After seeing videos about grapplers used in Arizona it would be great if deployed all over the US.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:09 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
It's certainly exciting but a crying shame that sort of thing is necessary. After seeing videos about grapplers used in Arizona it would be great if deployed all over the US.
Yep. And what ever happened to you can't outrun a radio? I've watched hi-speed chases go on forever. All through innocents in traffic, on the wrong side of the hiway, just craziness. I think in Maryland they don't really do the high speed chase thing. There are helicopters to be the eyes and when the officer backs off the vehicle in pursuit eases up. There is plenty of opportunity to place law enforcement ahead of the bad guy to place those strips in the roadway or any other way to block the vehicle or perform a pit maneuver without the chase. It just seems like where they perform high speed chases is where you see so many. Our Troopers get their man without needing to do that

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 12:00 PM   #4
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Here's a recent example of MD getting their man:

Illegal immigrant led police on wild high-speed chase in stolen Maryland state tow truck: ICE HERE

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 02:36 PM   #5
mongocanfly
Post Whore

It's unreal to me how many people in Arkansas run from asp...
And for the stupidest reasons..
Everyone should know by now what's gonna happen if they do...
I saw a motorbike chase the other day and heard dispatch say the chopper was getting airborne, so it seems they're adding that..
That grappler would be a huge asset as well

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:19 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

on a channel called Reelz on friday and saturday nights is a show called on patrol life they actually show them... its amazing how many stupid people think they can outrun the cops between the chopper and the radio just pull over and face your music..

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:48 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Here's a recent example of MD getting their man:

Illegal immigrant led police on wild high-speed chase in stolen Maryland state tow truck: ICE HERE
I remember hearing about that not too long ago. WTH? I don't see why he hopped over to run against traffic. There was a clear lane on the proper side and just some numb scull who just kept driving. People are so useless down there. The tan shirt was the Maryland State Trooper. The rest were Montgomery County Police. Pure stupidity

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote